Ceramic implants are an alternative traditional titanium implants, often chosen by patients for a number of reasons including improved aesthetics, improved biocompatibility and their metal free composition. Ceramic implants are made from Zirconia, which is oxidised Zirconium. Zirconia has a crytalline structure, and is chemically unreactive – making it an attractive option for patients who are concerned about titanium corroding and reacting in the oral environment.
Laser + Holistic Dental practises metal free dentistry for both cosmetic and health reasons. We only use ceramic or zirconia implants to deliver healthy and visually appealing smiles for those who have lost their natural tooth.
The benefits of Ceramic Implants include:
- Ceramic implants are biologically inert and chemically unreactive, unlike titanium.1
- Ceramic implants do not conduct electrical currents like metals do.1
- Ceramic implants have better gum attachment and less plaque adhesion.1 , 2
- Reduced risk of periimplantitis.1 , 2
- Good implant survival rate and good osseointegration.3 , 4
- Great cosmetic outcomes.1
To learn more about Ceramic Implants at Laser + Holistic Dental, please download the FAQ below.
Read more about ceramic implants here.
- Zirconia dental implants: where are we now, and where are we heading?
- Soft tissue biological response to zirconia and metal implant abutments compared with natural tooth: microcirculation monitoring as a novel bioindicator.
- Five-year success rate of 831 consecutively placed Zirconia dental implants in humans: a comparison of three different rough surfaces.
- Randomized-controlled clinical trial of customized zirconia and titanium implant abutments for single-tooth implants in canine and posterior regions: 3-year results.