Please read through these home care instructions following oral surgery procedures:
- Keep the gauze swab placed by your dentist in position with pressure for 30 minutes after your procedure.
- Do not rinse your mouth for at least 4 hours after your procedure.
When the numbness from your procedure has subsided eat soft foods and chew away from the wound.
- Following local anaesthetic – supplementing with Vitamin C and B12 can be beneficial for metabolising the anaesthetic to remove it from your system.
- Avoid hot foods/liquids, alcohol and smoking.
- Where advised or if pain is present, take 2 Panadeine tablets immediately after treatment, then every 3-4 hours as necessary to a maximum of 8 tablets in one day.
- The next day and until the wound heals, gently rinse your mouth with ozone water and use the syringe provided in your extraction home care kit to irrigate the socket after each meal. This will flush out any food debris.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and if bleeding commences, rest with the head raised.
- If bleeding recurs, apply pressure with cotton gauze for approximately half an hour. If sufficient bleeding continues, contact your dentist or local hospital.
- If pain persists or worsens after 48 hours please contact Laser + Holistic Dental on (03) 9078 0387.